Saturday, April 21, 2012

DAY 1 & 2 vacation :)

DAY 1:
Well fellow bloggers, I haven't kept up with my blogging homework. To catch up, my birthday and beach weekend with my friends went wonderfully :) Cannot say I am surprised, because these girls have been a part of my life so long, we are bound to have fun! After being home for only four days, I got on the road again. First stop Charleston! My parents and myself made the trip down to the lovely city and did some of our usual Charleston activities. Shopping and Eating. Since we got down there late, we only went into two stores! The Saks Outlet sucked us in. This may be a record, but we didn't buy anything! I have a pretty extensive sunglass addiction. Thus, I stayed in that section for over 30 minutes. We didn't see anything that knocked our socks off, so we went ahead back to the hotel and caught some shut-eye...(well some of us did)

DAY 2:
Rebecca's decked in:
dress: Vineyard Vines
shades & watch: Michael Kors
bag: Louis Vuitton 
Dad's decked in:
Tee: Polo
Shorts: Vineyard Vines
Shades: Ray Ban wayfarers
Our shoes not shown: both rainbows!

**Fashion tip: While wearing high heels look great, dress practically for your day! Rainbows are cute for the outfit and comfortable. Double win. 

Woke up bright and early to spend some more time in Charleston. We had breakfast in our hotel and then headed straight to Kings Street. Now you fellow Charleston lovers, know how wonderful Kings Street is. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dumas & Sons, Brooks Brothers, Lilly...the list could go on for days. Since we got there a little early, we only visited a few stores. Dumas & Sons never fails us. My dad is a prepster to his core, so this is favorite kind of store...(i'm a poet ;) ) After dealing with a very nice salesman (and good looking at that..) dad came out with some great stuff. Southern Tide and Vineyard Vines are probably his favorite brands right now, and luckily this store specializes. I love the fact my dad will wear things a lot of men won't. He bought coral(ish) shorts today...now how many men do you know that would do that? He walked away with a few more southern tide/vv shorts & shirts. We made our way down the street and stopped in the CUTEST jewelry store. They had a lot of fun pieces. My mom and I picked up a few things. But my favorite is this wonderful necklace:

I can't wait to wear it! I have gone coral crazy this year. It is probably my favorite color to wear currently. We went into sunglass hut (couldn't resist). All three of us split up and were trying on! I got a pair of mine cleaned, and my dad got some spiffy new Ray Bans. It was time for the fella to get another pair. He loves his pair of Maui Jim's and Ray Ban wayfarers, but was looking for another pair. Dad headed for the car, while me and mom peeked in Gucci. They have a new bag, i'm dying for...may be a Paris purchase next month ;) Mom had dad drive her by all her favorite houses on the waterway and through downtown. We left the wonderful town of Charleston, and headed for Beaufort, such a quaint town! After looking at all the beautiful homes and grabbing some lunch, we got back on the road! 7 HOURS LATER....we got to Florida :) Mom and dad did a great job picking a place to stay! It supports my overpacking needs. My room in the townhouse literally looks like I have moved in :) maybe I'll just stay here!

think i packed enough shoes? ten days is a long time, i am prepared  :)

My clothes are pushed to the end so you can't tell, how much coral I really brought with me. 
& this wasn't even the finished product. (told you i overpacked)
I love organizing a closet...side job? 

We grabbed some dinner and stopped by for some odds & ends at the grocery store. My favorite part of the day was our night time! We watched taken and had some popcorn together. Mom was hyperventilating the whole time, while Dad kept saying, "i'd kill em." Such a good movie. I love Liam Neeson, he did such a great job! Now I'm doing homework and "fashion" blogging. :) I have an early day ahead, but thought this would be a nice change in my attention.

Sorry for the long post fellow fashionistas!

Stay Stylin',
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment