Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting to Know Me

Despite a couple years of putting this off, I have officially joined the blog world. First, let me tell you a little about myself.
I am the baby of the family, with two older sisters. Now I fulfill every meaning of “baby” of the family. With my sisters being seven years older, I had a lot of time without them living at home. Therefore, my parents and I became like best friends. That is a very important thing to know about me, I am family oriented all the way. I would choose a night spent with my parents watching a movie, over a high school football game any day. My parents, I admit, have babied me and spoiled me rotten. My mom is my best friend, and my dad is my number one fan. It cannot get any better than that.
I’m also the goofball of the family. I love laughing and making others laugh. I shock myself sometimes at the things I say. We’ll get into where this personality came from in a later post. Surprisingly I have not always been the funny chatterbox I am now.
 Anyways…
 I grew up in a small town in NC, where people waved and called you by your first name. I would not give up growing up here for anything. I had the privilege of going to a small, Christian, private school in Raleigh. Starting out there in first grade, I had little idea of what that school would bring me in later years. I was lucky enough to find a lot of good friends there, but more importantly, a few best friends as well.  The friends I have today, are the same ones I had in middle school or before. I always heard that after you graduated you lost a lot of your friends normally, well, not the case with us. I went off to school at Liberty University, in Virginia and lived with my best friend freshman year. This was an experience I would not trade for anything. Another myth we broke…”you can’t live with your best friend, and survive.” I’d even venture to say we had close to a perfect roommate situation. She made my freshman year what it was, and that’s wonderful! Throughout that year, I kept in contact with my friends at home, or my few friends who went out of state for school. Liberty was everything I expected it to be, and more. Liberty changed my life. The environment there is one you cannot find everywhere.
I was blessed to already know what I wanted to major in, prior to entering college. As you will find out, I am a fashion girl to my core (hence my blog name). This little fact, made majoring in fashion merchandising and interior design a no-brainer. Throughout my first year at Liberty, I buckled down and really enjoyed learning everything. Somewhere along the line, I came up with the idea to graduate a year early.  I was the social butterfly in high school, making average grades. So a part of me was out to prove I could not only graduate early, but do it with great grades. That is where I am today, a soon to be senior, with tons of homework most days and the end goal in sight. My blog may be bore to you, if you do not enjoy the three F’s…fashion, friends, and family.

With fashion on the brain,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment